WARNING: PERSONAL RANT. I hate children's t.v. HATE IT! I think it's totally developmentally inappropriate to place a baby/toddler in front of a t.v. for hours at end. If you notice children's t.v. goes quickly between camera shot to camera shot. The baby/toddler is so used to all of this action that it goofs with the child's attention span. They are use to these fast/quick camera angles and they think that is how real life should go. Then, they hop into elementary school...and around age 7 they start having attention issues. A lot of research is coming out showing the harms of children's t.v. here is a quick link: http://www.whitedot.org/issue/iss_story.asp?slug=ADHD%20Toddlers
http://www.insidermedicine.com/archives/Baby_Einstein_Negatively_Affects_Speech_1457.aspx
Plus how Andy and I see it, Katie has a whole lifetime of t.v. watching ahead of her...why force her to watch it when she isn't interested or doesn't care. Andy and I have also been noticing how often WE have the t.v. on and have been trying to turn on music instead.
That being said..... Katie adores Mickey and fell in love with Mickey at Disney. So..... I let her watch the Hot Dog song or the theme song to the show on occasion on youtube. She gets so excited and it's so cute, and then we move on. I think it's a good way to do all things in moderation!
No comments:
Post a Comment